How to Install Lightroom Presets on desktop in 2023
A Lightroom preset is a set of predefined adjustments, edits, and effects that can be applied to your photos with just one click. These presets are designed to make your editing process faster and more efficient, allowing you to achieve a specific look or style with minimal effort.
Installing Lightroom presets is a relatively simple process. Here are the steps you can follow to install them on your computer:
- Download the presets you want to use. Most presets are available in a .zip file, which you will need to unzip before proceeding.
- Open Lightroom and navigate to the Develop module.
- In the Develop module, click on the Edit button in the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu, select Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, navigate to the Presets tab.
- Click on the button labeled Show Lightroom Presets Folder. This will open your Lightroom presets folder in a new window.
- Inside the Lightroom Presets folder, navigate to the Develop Presets folder.
- Drag the unzipped presets folder into the Develop Presets folder.
- Close the Lightroom Presets folder and the Preferences window.
- In the Develop module, click on the Presets button in the left panel. You should now see the new presets you installed in the list.
- Click on the preset you want to use and it will be applied to your photo.
That’s all there is to it! With these steps, you should now be able to install Lightroom presets on your computer and start using them to enhance your photos. Remember that you can also create your own presets and share it with the community.
It’s worth to mention that the steps may vary a bit depending on your operating system, but the process is generally the same.